95.0 PAW Patrol: The Movie¶
The Avocado team is proud to present another release: Avocado 94.0, AKA “PAW Patrol: The Movie”, is now available!
Release documentation: Avocado 95.0
- A large part of the legacy runner has been removed. The
avocado list, for instance, is longer available. The
nrunnerarchitecture and runner implementation has been the default one since version 91.0, and the remaining parts of the legacy runner will be removed soon.
- A script that provides the features of the legacy
--external-runnerfeature has been added. It’s built on the Job API and
- Test writers can now access a test’s status while the
tearDownmethod is being run.
- Result plugins such as
xunitnow contain more accurate values reflecting Avocado’s concepts of a test’s ID and name.
- Support was added for
avocado-instrumentedtests (currently limited to the
- By setting the
spawner.podman.avocado_spawner_eggconfiguration users can now control the exact Avocado package that will be automatically deployed within Podman containers.
- A default value was added to the Spawner’s attribute that tracks the
job’s output directory, avoiding
NoneTypeerrors when it’s not explicitly set.
- A crash when using the Podman spawner, after changes to the output dir handling, has fixed.
RuntimeTaskinstances are now comparable, and should now be unique when representing requirements, preventing having duplicates.
- The order of the ``RuntimeTask``s are now defined in a dependency graph, in accordance with BluePrint 004.
setup.py testnow returns a non-zero error code when failures occur.
- RHEL 9 Beta has been added to some CI checks, and Ubuntu has been updated from 18.04 to 21.10.
- Pylint was updated to 2.12.2, along with many changes to conform to the checks performed by that version.
- Many parts of Avocado, including most “optional plugins”, are now PEP420 compliant.
- Improvements to the contributor guide.
- CI checks running on Cirrus-CI have been moved to GitHub Actions.
- Packit builds have been added for CentOS Stream 8 and 9.
For more information, please check out the complete Avocado changelog.