84.0 The Intouchables¶
The Avocado team is proud to present another release: Avocado 84.0, AKA “The Intouchables”, is now available!
Release documentation: Avocado 84.0
- Yaml To Mux plugin now properly supports
- Command line options related to results, such as
--html-job-resultare now “proper boolean” options (such as
- Pre and Post (job) plugins are now respected in when used with the Job API.
- Support for
avocado list“extra information” has been restored. This is used in Avocado-VT loaders. They will be removed (again) for good after its usage is deprecated and removed in Avocado-VT.
run.dict_variantssetting is now properly registered in an
- The nrunner implementation for
exec-testsuffered from a limitation to the amount of output it could collect. It was related the size of the PIPE used internally by the Python
subprocessmodule. This limitation has been now lifted.
- The nrunner status server can be configured with the maximum buffer size that it uses.
avocado-instrumentednrunner runner now covers all valid test status.
- The nrunner status server socket is now properly closed, which allows multiple test suites in a job to not conflict.
- The nrunner status server now properly handles the
asyncioAPI under Python 3.6.
avocado.utils.pcinow accomodates newer slot names.
avocado.utils.memorynow properly handles the 16GB hugepages with both the HASH and Radix MMU (by removing the check in case Radix is used).
avocado.utils.ssh.Sessionnow contains a
avocado.utils.ssh.Session.cleanup_master()method and a :property:`avocado.utils.ssh.Session.control_master` property.
- Yaml To Mux documentation updates regarding the data types and null values.
- Release documentation now include the Fedora/EPEL refresh steps.
- BP000 is included and approved.
Makefilenow works on systems such as Fedora 33 because a bad substitution was fixed.
- Only enough
nrunnerworkers to deal with the number of tasks in a suite are created and started.
- All nrunner based runners are now checked with a basic interface test.
- The same check script (
selftests/check.py) is now used run under RPM builds.