47.0 The Lost Wife¶
The Avocado team is proud to present another release: Avocado version 47.0, aka, “The Lost Wife” now available!
Release documentation: Avocado 47.0
The major changes introduced on this version are listed below, roughly categorized into major topics and intended audience:
avocado.Testclass now better exports (and protects) the core class attributes members (such as
runner_queue). These were turned into properties so that they’re better highlighted in the docs and somehow protected when users would try to replace them.
- Users sending
SIGTERMto Avocado can now expect it to be properly handled. The handling done by Avocado includes sending the same
SIGTERMto all children processes.
- The multiplexer has just become a proper plugin, implementing the also new
- The selftests wouldn’t check for the proper location of the avocado job results directory, and always assumed that
~/avocado/job-resultsexists. This is now properly verified and fixed.
- The UI used to show the number of tests in a
TESTS: <no_of_tests>line, but that would not take into account the number of variants. Since the following line also shows the current test and the total number of tests (including the variants) the
TESTS: <no_of_tests>was removed.
- The Journal plugin would crash when used with the remote (and derivative) runners.
- The whiteboard would not be created when the current working directory would change inside the test. This was related to the
datadirnot being returned as an absolute path.
Documentation / Contrib¶
avocadoman page (
man 1 avocado) is now update and lists all currently available commands and options. Since some command and options depend on installed plugins, the man page includes all “optional” plugins (remote runner, vm runner, docker runner and html).
For more information, please check out the complete Avocado changelog.
The Avocado release meetings are now open to the community via Hangouts on Air. The meetings are recorded and made available on the Avocado Test Framework YouTube channel.
For this release, you can watch the meeting on this link.